15.11.12

Day 361 - Behind every picture...

Catching falling leaves and squelching through muddy puddles; a tree-covered hillside peppered with russets, reds and golds...

WISH I had my camera!

I've thought that more than once over the last month or so (my phone one is useless)
There really are the most spectacular photos, just waiting to be taken at this time of year. I don't always catch what I see, but on a bright day when the low sun brings out the richness of the autumn colours, I want to try.
It's as if the landscape has been perfectly lit for a shoot, and Mother Nature's saying, 'LOOK!' 
And that's a wise idea seeing as these glorious days can be few and far between. Probably makes us appreciate them more though. Autumn is such a rollercoaster of a season.

I was so glad I remembered my camera for our trip to beautiful Dore Abbey which isn't far from us.


Funny how I've never really noticed the large tree right next to the Abbey - hard to miss now, glowing among the ancient gravestones. So peaceful...

Dore Abbey

...though no time to enjoy the peace, because you see the shadows by the porch? My little lovelies were there having a great time, squealing and bouncing up and down on the springy wheelchair ramp. And that's what I remember when I look at these. Isn't it often the way?

But the photos I've taken this autumn have a deeper meaning too - they'll always remind me of the countdown to my husband coming home. They'll remind me of the emotion, relief, pride and total joy I feel now, knowing our year apart is almost up, and that we've all got through it, safe and sound.

The mist is lifting. Finally. No more limbo or life on hold.
The start of a new exciting chapter.

I'm linking up with Older Mum (in a muddle)'s wonderful One Week project - catching a flavour of autumn '12 in words and pictures

one week