...seen through a slightly smudged, secondhand pair of rose-tinted glasses

Monday, 9 June 2014

A mixed bag...

I took a bag of stuff to the charity shop the other day, and came away with a bag of different stuff… Needless to say this was not the plan, and I haven't let on, seeing as I made such a song and dance about having a clear out in the first place.
It was just one of those times when want outweighs willpower, and you know what, it cheered me up no end!

There'd have been some major dwelling going on if I'd left this behind.


I've seen the pattern before on Magpie Monday - vintage J&G Meakin - the blues won me over. Perfect condition and only £3.

This would have bothered me too - a vintage 60's/70's jug. £2.


It's being used a lot at the moment for homemade elderflower cordial, and so far, no one seems to have noticed…

To be honest I was on a bit of a roll after the jug and the dish, so, ended up getting my son a new tennis top - nylon and pretty grim, but he was really pleased with it; a huge box of Fuzzy Felt for a pound…


and a sparkly number - considerably more sparkly than it looks in this picture, and completely out of character!

Not really a twinkly sequin person me - but, you see, it was on the £1 rail, it's my size and, yeah.. I was on a roll... I've also got a bit of a do coming up at the beginning of July, so maybe, just maybe, it'll get an outing.

Joining in with all the other lovely Magpies over at Me and My Shadow.

18 comments:

  1. I smiled at your 'song and dance' comment! I am the same. I absolutely love your jug and dish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did feel a bit guilty, though obviously not enough! Thanks Rachel x

      Delete
  2. Oh how lovely! That top is very pretty - very 'Frozen'!

    I'm totally with you on having to get things or you'll only stew and regret it! I left behind a pink Tonka truck at the weekend and instantly regretted it, even though I couldn't justify the hefty price tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trying to picture a pink Tonka truck.. I'm sure you did the right thing if it was a bit pricey, but the dwelling is miserable!
      Love the Frozen comment - it so is! :)

      Delete
  3. I have started buying inexpensive clothes just for the fabric. Although your top is really cute, I can visualize a smashing decorative pillow. You made some super buys. Maybe we should begin showing what we "take" to the thrift shop. I always wonder if what I bring goes straight into the trash!!! Have a good week. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's crossed my mind too!! I've also been picking up clothes in charity shops for the fabric - mainly jumpers, but think it's time to stop buying and start making! Thanks Linda x

      Delete
  4. I love all of that, especially the jug and the casserole dish... I remember many happy hours spent with fuzzy felt too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fuzzy felt has been really popular! A pound well spent :) Thanks Emma x

      Delete
  5. Love your Meakin and glass jug Tracey and your glitzy top was a steal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. couldn't not have bought it for a pound really! Goes perfectly with the dress I'm thinking of wearing too :)

      Delete
  6. A nice collection. Fuzzy Felt was a family favourite through the generations so you did well with that. Don’t you wish you’d thought of the idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Wishing I'd come up with Loom Bands at the moment!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous finds, Fuzzy felt is just brilliant, I had many a fun filled hour as a child with my fuzzy felt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sparkly top - so pretty. Great finds, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a thing about the 70's don't you :o). Love that casserole dish. That was such an iconic pattern at the time. And fuzzy felt! That's all I ever played with when I was a child. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great bunch of stuff. Those casserole dishes are so handy and cost a fortune new; I've picked up a couple of those from op shops myself and use them all the time. The jug brought back a sudden jolt of half-memory for me when I saw it - must have been one around at someone's place or other when I was a kid. The top is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great finds! such nice patterns on the dish and the jug! and that fuzzy felt stuff - i would have loved something like that when I was a kid, i was always cutting up magazines and even books to make scenes like that... i had other toys too, but somehow liked making scenes more out of bits of pictures than playing with 'proper' toys :) anyhow, lovely finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your finds but that casserole pot and the sequin top are fab. I think I have a thing for blue this season!. Popping over from Magpie Monday

    ReplyDelete