...seen through a slightly smudged, secondhand pair of rose-tinted glasses

Thursday, 19 June 2014

Loom band loopy

Now I realise not everyone will know the joys of loom bands…. but for those who do, this may ring true….



I'd like to meet the Loom Band guy and shake him by the hand,
then cuff him with a fishtail chain made from those stretchy bands...

Yes, I KNOW they help kids concentrate and weave stuff on a loom,
but I'm sick of finding hoards of them in every single room.

They've turned up in the cat's food dish and on the loo brush doofer,
and if my lot want any more they'll find them in the hoover.



Linking up with Prose for Thought


12 comments:

  1. Oh my word, is that what they're called. My daughter came home with an armful of those yesterday! Her mates are selling them at 50p a bracelet (she's getting hers for free because she's their PR manager apparently). xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh Loo, sounds like you're at the beginning of the LB journey…. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully, my boy is too little for me to be swamped by these just yet :-) #prose4T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it'll probably come round again!! And boys seem just as keen on them as girls :)

      Delete
  4. I keep seeing/hearing about these things, but thankfully 14yo son is not in the least interested. Tripping over bits of lego and marbles everywhere for years was bad enough - now it's just mounds of clothes and school books littering his room. The mess may change as they get older, but it still remains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's always something isn't there, and it always seems to end up on the floor!!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha... This made me laugh! I know exactly what you mean. I now sit my daughter in front of you tube videos, it keeps her quiet for a little while! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really glad you like it Emma :) Think it's one for those with LB addicts!!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant.... really made me smile, but I am so uncrafty that I had no idea what the heck a loom band was until now! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just you wait! I didn't know anything about them until a few months ago… xx

      Delete