...seen through a slightly smudged, secondhand pair of rose-tinted glasses

Sunday, 20 July 2014

Show time!


It feels a bit weird knitting Christmas trees in July, but it's all part of my master-plan to be more organised for the autumn/festive fairs….well, more than last year (first go at making and selling).
The pressure's on too, seeing as I've just signed up for one in September; and not any old one either, a really big two day show. REally big...

I'm doing it with a friend though, which helps take the edge off the anxiety. Both of us are craft fair newbees, and fired up on coffee and caramel waffles we decided to just jump straight in at the deep end. Pretty much without armbands.
We egged each other on basically. Easier to be brave in company...and cheaper of course.

So, swept along on a wave of sugar/caffeine fuelled enthusiasm, I sort of over-looked the fact I've made diddly-squat to sell really since last time. There is much to do, Much to Do, and the crafting is going to have to fit round keeping the kids happy, and shouty mummy at bay..

I need to be more disciplined - not make so many different things, and set myself targets. No more owls and elephants, but rabbits a-plenty, and I've an idea for another soft critter that's a similar shape. I'm not going to buy any more fabric/wool either because I've enough to be getting on with. Enough to keep me busy for a very, very long time!


Something's got to give though if I'm going to stay sane, so blogging's taking a backseat for a while - not vanishing completely, I'll still be lurking, but I know how much more gets done when the laptop's away.
You know what I'm saying.

I'll post updates when I've more than a couple of Christmas trees to show you, and thanks so much again for stopping by - really, really thank you - it means a lot, that support and friendship rippling out through the ether.
Such a funny old game, blogging - often question why I do it, but if I take a step back, there's no denying it's made the daily drudge more interesting. There's a fair bit of stuff going on now that wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for this small space. And that's a very good thing.

Anyway, whatever you're doing, I hope you have a brilliant summer, and catch up soon :)


6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fair; it takes me back to mine own days of selling my crafts. Have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, sounds very exciting - good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those bunnies - really cute shape! best of luck with the craft fair and the preps, hope you get loads done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Now trying Christmas fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the rabbits, so cute! Good luck with it all - it always feels good to be organised doesn't it? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's all good - sounds exciting and fun. And those rabbits are adorable! Enjoy your venture and blogging (and we) will always be here!

    ReplyDelete